MU Life Clubs & Societies Privacy
Maynooth University together with its Clubs & Societies Department (MU Life) are committed to protecting your privacy and to be transparent about what information we hold. We understand our obligations to you to help you understand how and why we process your personal data.
This privacy notice sets out the basis by which we collect, use and disclose the personal data of our Clubs & Society members, as well as your rights in respect of such personal data.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The version available online will always be the most up to date current version and your notifications will be through the webpage.
How we collect your Personal Data
You will have provided all of the information we hold, when you complete our MU Life on-line Club/Society membership account form, as the preparatory step to join the Club(s) and/or Societ(y/ies) of your choice.
If you choose not to provide that personal data when requested, we will not be able to permit your membership of any Club or Society.
- "Cookies" are data files stored on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Our website requires cookies in order to be able to function and access is not possible without you enabling these cookies.
- "Log files" track actions occurring on our website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Type of personal data we collect and process
When setting up a MU Life Clubs & Society account, we will collect and gather the following categories of personal data,
Identity data; Name, Home Country/Irish County, Date of Birth, Gender
Contact details; Telephone number(s), Address, E-mail Address
In Case of Emergency Details; Name, Relationship, Telephone number, Address
Education/Employment Details; Student/Staff Status, MU Student Number, Course/Department, Year of Study, Study Duration
Medical Data; On line tick Box, GP's Letter of referral
How we use your personal data
- Verify your identity to permit membership of a Club and/or Society.
- Correct and update information at your request.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Dealing with issues of Health & Safety, processing possible insurance claims, and/or "In Case of Emergency Numbers" whilst engaged in the activities of Clubs & Societies, in particular when overseas. Both the Staff of the Clubs & Societies Department and the individual C&S Committee members that volunteer to organise and run the activities of their specific club and/or society you may choose to join, will have access to this particular data.
- Communicating with you via email, phone or post in relation to matters specific to Clubs & Societies from the Clubs & Societies Department or from the individual C&S Committee members that volunteer to organise and run the activities of their specific club and/or society you may choose to join. You have the right to withdraw your consent to communications at any time by using the tools within the website or contacting us via to email.
- If elected by the membership of a particular Club/Society to the position of a committee member, we will provide where approved by you, your name on the Club/Society public profile.
- If, as a committee member, you are approved as a COVID-19 Officer your name will be displayed on the Club/Society public profile.
- Occasionally we conduct surveys on your particular experience within Clubs & Societies to help assist with the continuous improvement and development of the service. A professional third party may be engaged, however your data cannot be identified or utilised, and will only be used for purposes specific to the Clubs & Societies, agreed and set by the Clubs & Societies Department.
- Your personal data may be used to generate previous membership contact lists for special events such as Club and Society reunions or specific initiatives that may be of interest to you because of your membership of Clubs & Societies.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis upon which we hold personal data is the following:
- Our legitimate interest and the interest of the Clubs and Societies which operate under our umbrella: we require this information about our members in order to fulfil our function providing services to our members and the student body.
- Legal Obligation: We and the individual Clubs and Societies have legal obligations, including for example, obligations to ensure the safety our members and third parties pursuant to which it is necessary to hold the information retained.
- Performance of Contract: We and the individual Clubs and Societies may enter contractual arrangements with members and third parties and information is required in order to complete the performance of such contractual obligation.
- Consent: Where none of the above bases apply, we will obtain and process personal data only with your consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
Existing Data Information with Clubs & Societies (MU Life)
We will use our best endeavours to guarantee that all Personal Data that you have submitted to us is maintained and up to date. However, it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date.
If you are a Club or Society committee member, we may also pass information to you directly to assist with the promotion and development of your particular Club or Society i.e. offers/discounts/sponsorship from Hotels, Entertainments, Travel providers. We will not share your personal data with these providers.
Sharing your data with others
- Personal data collected by us is shared as necessary with individual Clubs and Societies which you join.
- Personal data, in particular contact details is shared between members of the Clubs & Societies Department, who legitimately need the information to carry out their normal duties to promote Clubs & Societies that may be of a legitimate interest to you.
- We contract with other entities in particular the hosting provider, web developer and/or tech support to perform certain tasks on our behalf and who have a Data Sharing Agreement with Clubs & Societies (MU Life).
- Professional advisors such as solicitors and insurers and other outside professional advisors (i.e. Health & Safety Consultants) relevant to the activity of Clubs & Societies only.
- We require that all third parties respect your personal data, and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Unless prevented by applicable law, we will notify you when it might be necessary to provide your personal data to third parties in ways other than explained above, and you may have the option to prevent such sharing at the time that we notify you.
- There may be other reasons where it is not possible or appropriate to gain your consent such as disclosures to the Gardaí for prevention or detection of crime, or to meet statutory obligations.
- Any person who creates an on-line membership account and provides all their personal data but then chooses NOT to join any club or society during that Academic Year will have all their data deleted after two years.
- People who do join Clubs & Societies and become active members during their undergraduate and/or postgraduate studies or even as Alumni will have all personal data deleted after a period of seven years from the date upon which they cease to be a member of a Club or Society.
You have the following rights;
Right to be informed
This Privacy notice provides the information you are entitled to receive on how your data is collected, stored and processed. In a clear and accessible way.
Right of Access
Please contact us if you would like to request access to a copy of your data in electronic form. There is no charge for us providing you with this data and it will usually be provided within one month of the request. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse your request in these circumstances. We may need specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access.
Right of correction/deletion
You may exercise your right to have your personal data erased in a number of circumstances e.g. if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was created or you withdraw consent. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing, before your consent was withdrawn.
The security of your Personal Data is very important to us.
We will ensure that we have in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to Personal Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Identity and contact details of controller and data protection officer
Clubs & Societies (MU Life) under the auspices of Maynooth University is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact;
Mary Mac Court,
Clubs & Societies Coordinator
01 708 6819
You also have a right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner:
21 Fitzwilliam Square South
+353 578 684 800
+353 761 104 800
Or to apply for review by the Court pursuant to the Data Protection Act, 2018.